NATIONAL LAZY DAY 2022: HISTORY, DATES & HOW TO CELEBRATE
Hey everyone, it’s National Lazy Day. What better way to celebrate than by spending some quality time indoors, sipping on some delicious tea or coffee, and reading a good book? Plus, who doesn’t love getting a little bit of rest and relaxation? There’s nothing like a lazy day to recharge your batteries and get ready for the next big challenge. So why not give it a try today?
HISTORY OF NATIONAL LAZY DAY
It is unknown where National Lazy Day first originated. We performed our investigation, but due to laziness, we stopped there. Maybe the people who created this festival were too lazy to write down where it got its ideas. The only thing we do know is that it is fervently observed on August 10 by refraining from being excessively fervent.
Being lazy and doing nothing is the whole goal of National Lazy Day. Nobody would criticize you for spending the entire day in bed or watching television while indulging in goodies today. We’re not encouraging you to leave your literal comfort zone, but a few extras could keep you occupied. For example, you could play Bruno Mars’ 2010 song “The Lazy Song” or pick up a copy of Mel Levine’s “The Myth of Laziness” to learn more about and dispel myths about laziness and its effects on productivity.
Even if it is disliked, being lazy occasionally has its benefits. Sometimes a person’s preference to conserve their energy for things that are truly essential is indicative of laziness rather than actual laziness. People who are lazy are typically well-rested and benefit from obtaining enough sleep, which includes better memory, reduced stress, a longer attention span, and reduced inflammation.
The best thing about laziness is that it makes burnout less likely. The body can recover and regain its equilibrium and energy when you’re lethargic. Chronic weariness, despair, and sleeplessness can result from burnout.
To discuss Lazy Day on social media, use the hashtags #NationalLazyDay or #LazyDay.
Why is National Lazy Day Important?
Even while being lazy is typically viewed negatively, having a good lazy day every now and then can be healthy for your mind, body, and soul. You will be better equipped to complete the chores you confront on a daily basis when you allow yourself an opportunity to rest your body and clear your mind. By giving ourselves some alone time, we can both lessen our stress levels and achieve a calmer, more present state of mind.
Best Ways to Celebrate National Lazy Day or Lazy Day Activities
It can seem counterproductive to plan a lazy day, but it can be difficult to shift from a busy schedule to a day off when you’re used to living a schedule-driven existence. Giving yourself a strong foundation for your leisurely day can help you resist the temptation to do too much. Additionally, you won’t have to consider it during the day.
Come August 10th, here are a few suggestions to make you as lazy as you can be:
- Sleep in: Sleeping in should be your one and only National Lazy Day activity. Start out your lazy day right by extending your time in bed and taking full advantage of the fact that you have nothing else to do.
- Put your devices away: When our smartphones are out, we could be too tempted to check our emails, answer work calls intermittently, or work on assignments. NEVER DO IT! Allow yourself to completely unplug and give your phone a break. You’ll be incredibly happy you did.
- Scroll as long as you want: Although we advised you to put your devices away, if you are the kind of person who rarely has time to surf through social media or play a mobile game, today might be the day. However, only use your phone if you believe you are capable of putting off chores and obligations relating to your job. If you can’t, continue to store your phone away.
- Lounge: The ability to spend the majority of a lazy day lying down is one of its best features. Take a nap in your hammock outside, lounge around, relax on the couch or in bed or locate a cozy area on the floor with some cushions. There’s no need to stand up frequently or sit on a stiff chair. Be as comfortable as lazy as you can.
- Order in: You don’t want to be cooking for yourself, doing the dishes, or cleaning up the kitchen when you’re having a lazy day, so order in for every meal. It has never been simpler to make poor eating choices thanks to eateries’ ability to serve food right now. You may even buy mouthwatering dessert towers or cookie baskets to make sure you have sweets on hand to snack on throughout your lazy day.
- Make a plan (and by plan, we mean nothing): Don’t make any plans. Be slack. Get up. then return to your bed. then exit from bed. or linger there. Simply take no action. National Lazy Day is today. Enjoy!
- Look for a river where you can float around lazily: Put your comfortable inner tube in place and let the river carry you downstream.
- Shut off your phone: Although it may seem lazy to sit around all day checking our phones for text messages or Facebook notifications, it’s not. It’s much too busy for National Lazy Day.
In the end, only you truly know yourself. You are aware of your enneagram, how it influences your behaviors, how your habits affect your decisions, and what ultimately defines you. Decide how you want to spend National Lazy Day and trust your instincts.
National Lazy Day Fun Facts
- Algae accumulate on the long, thick hair of sloths because of how slowly they move.
- Being lazy can occasionally inspire creativity. Hard labor resistance could inspire us to be imaginative.
- Stupidity is not usually a result of laziness. In a world that is overworked, the idle may be the wisest.
- Laziness Is Influenced by Perspective
- Being lazy occasionally might be advantageous
- Some People Are Simply Born Sluggish
- This Day aims to inspire individuals to unwind and take a vacation without feeling guilty.
- On National Lazy Mom’s Day, we may all learn how to be a little lazier because it’s been said that being lazy is a learned behavior.
- Laziness can actually enhance creativity and lower stress levels, two positive aspects of health.
- The ideal way to spend this day with your kids is to take them to the movies, have a leisurely picnic, or just take a nap.
NATIONAL LAZY DAY DATES
Today is National Lazy Day so we urge you to stay at home, grab a movie and enjoy this day! Have some fun in the sun with your friends and family by sitting on the couch. We also want to remind you that taking good care of yourself can help you enjoy every moment of life even more. So make sure to drink plenty of water, get enough sleep and keep eating healthy food throughout the day.
Read More: Labor Day How to Observed Quotes and Wishes, National Postal Worker Day Quotes Wishes, & Messages, National Go Fishing Day Messages Status, and Fishing Quotes, WORLD PHOTO DAY History How to Observe