South African Youth Day is a day to celebrate the achievements and contributions of young people. On June 16 Every Year South Africa Celebrates International Youth Day. On this day, we come together to share messages, wishes, and quotes that motivate us and bring us hope for the future.
South African Youth Day, on the other hand, commemorates the June 16 on 1976 Soweto Youth Uprising. In the following article, we’ve collected some of the best messages, wishes, and quotes about youth that we think will inspire you on this special day. We hope that they will encourage you to celebrate youth with all of your friends and family.
South Africa Youth Day
South African Youth Day is a day of celebration and national pride for young people all over the country. On this day, events will be held all over the country to salute and celebrate the achievements of young people. The national anthem will be performed at all events, which is an important moment in the lives of every South African youth.
This day is a chance for young people to come together and network, and celebrate their unique and special contributions to South Africa. So mark the day in your calendar and join in the celebrations.
South African Youth Day Wishes
- The biggest sin is to believe you are helpless.
- If you can conquer yourself, you can conquer the entire universe.
- Do not hate someone because the hatred that comes from you will eventually return to you; if you love, love will return to you, completing the circle.
- Believe in yourself; you have all the power. Even a snake’s poison is ineffective if you can firmly deny it.
- You should labor like a master, not like a slave. Work constantly, but not as a slave.
- Learn everything excellent from others, but bring it in and absorb it in your way; do not imitate others.
South Africa Youth Day Quotes, Messages
The police have been ordered to defend lives and property with all available means, regardless of who is engaged. This government will not be intimidated, and strict instructions have been issued to ensure that law and order be maintained at all costs.- Prime Minister John Vorster.
They’d be sitting in my car, talking to me about being a South African kid, being taught history and mathematics in Afrikaans by a Black teacher who didn’t speak. Afrikaans and had to check a textbook to figure out what a triangle or an angle meant. Dr. Nthatho Motlana is a human rights activist.
If we have to do Afrikaans, Vorster has to do Zulu, said the group. Protest banners.
Our original intention was to simply travel to Orlando West, express our unity, and perform Afrika by Nkosi Sikelel. After that, we figured we’d made our point and would return home. No one expected the process to last beyond June 16th. We had no idea what kind of response we’d get from the cops on that particular day. Murphy Morobe, one of the march’s organizers.
It is a delusion that youth is blissful, an illusion created by those who have lost it. Nonetheless, the young are well aware of their misery. William Somerset Maugham.
Let me state unequivocally that the nation owes you a clear policy and practical steps to ensure that the youth contributes to and benefits from our new democracy. Former President of the Republic of South Africa, Nelson Mandela.
You are fantastic; do you know that? Our freedom, in a very large measure, was due to what young people such as yourselves did 40 years ago not very far from where we lived in Soweto where Hector Pieterson was shot and killed. But you are fantastic. Reach for your stars, because now you can be anything and everything you want to be.- Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
South Africa Youth Day Quotes
- Our children are our most valuable asset. They are the ones who will shape our future. Those who abuse them rip apart our society’s fabric and damage our country. Nelson Mandela is a former South African president.
- There are plenty of small methods to broaden your child’s horizons. The best of all is a love of literature. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
- Natives must be taught that they do not have the same rights as Europeans. Verwoerd, Hendrik.
- An African may discover that the big boss speaks only Afrikaans or English. Knowing both languages would be advantageous to him. I have not and will not contact the African people on the language issue. Punt Jansen, Bantu Education Deputy Minister.
- While youth promises bliss, life brings with it the realities of loss. Nicholas Sparks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is South African Youth Day?
South African Youth Day is held every year on June 16 to mark the historic lifting of apartheid and celebrate the new South Africa — a democratic, universal, and non-racial one. The day was chosen by Nelson Mandela in 1976 as an important step forward for reconciliation toward multilingualism.
What are Some of the Global Celebrations and Events Happening on South African Youth Day?
Some of the global celebrations and events happening on South African Youth Day are the World Cup in Russia, Nelson Mandela’s birthday, and the African National Congress (ANC) election.
What Can Youth Do to Prepare for South African Youth Day?
Generations of youth are preparing for South African Youth Day. They grow fonder of their Afrikaans heritage and language, acquire knowledge in literature and the performing arts, learn dance or music art forms like sangoma waulungu (not limited to Soweto), sports, etc., while absorbing an appreciation of traditional beauty—music singing drumming storytelling — that symbolizes a new culture they aspire toward.
South African Youth Day is a day that celebrates the achievements and contributions of youths, both in South Africa and globally. To commemorate this day, we’ve compiled some inspiring messages, quotes, and wishes from various young people around the world.
We hope that these messages will encourage all South Africans to embrace their individuality, and work together to build a better future for all of us. As always, if you have any thoughts or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading our blog.
Read More: Malaysia Day, Canada Day, World Mental Health Day, Chinese New Year