Every year on June 20th, World Refugee Day Quotes are commemorated. The Day falls on June 20 this year. More than 70 million people have been forcibly displaced worldwide, according to the United Nations. Since 2001, the day has been observed to increase their courage and strength. World Refugee Day was established by the United Nations to commemorate the challenges that refugees face each year. More than 100 countries now commemorate World Refugee Day every year on the third Sunday in June, which this year falls on June 20.
Do you have any idea? There have been 13.9 million new displaced people in the last year. According to the United Nations, more than 42000 people flee their homes every day to seek protection within the country’s boundaries. Developing countries, on the other hand, host 86 percent of the world’s refugees.
Who is Refugee?
Refugees are unable or unwilling to return to their home country owing to fear of persecution based on race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, according to the United Nations.
World Refugee Day
The United Nations (UN) has been established. Together we heal, learn, and shine is the theme for this year. Access to medical care and assistance saves lives. The day was observed to make the world a more inclusive place and increase the obstacles faced by world refugees.
World Refugee Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, and Text
To commemorate the day, we’ve compiled a list of statements that might help raise awareness and describe nearly everything a refugee goes through.
- Refugees Are You and I With Different Circumstances. – Elisa Johnston
- No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark. (Warsan Shire).
- Refugees are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, and children, with the same hopes and ambitions as us—except that a twist of fate has bound their lives to a global refugee crisis on an unprecedented scale. (Khaled Hosseini).
- They are safe but they are not in their homes. They are city-less. I think it’s just a disaster for everyone. – Teri Hatcher.
- To be called a refugee is the opposite of an insult; it is a badge of strength, courage, and victory. (Tennessee Office for Refugees).
- How can we scramble away like rats, without honor, without dignity, when everyone must help rebuild the country?- Thanhha Lai.
- No one puts their children in a boat unless the water is safer than the land. (Warsan Shire).
- A refugee is someone who survived and who can create the future. (Amela Koluder).
- Refugees are not terrorists. They are often the first victims of terrorism. (António Manuel de Oliveira Guterres).
World Refugee Day Quotes
- The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. — Albert Einstein.
- Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. — Emma Lazarus.
- I urge you to celebrate the extraordinary courage and contributions of refugees past and present. – Kofi Annan.
- In countries where people have to flee their homes because of persecution and violence, political solutions must be found, and peace and tolerance restored so that refugees can return home. In my experience, going home is the deepest wish of most refugees. – Angelina Jolie.
- No one puts their children in a boat unless the water is safer than the land. — Warsan Shire.
- Refugees are not terrorists. They are often the first victims of terrorism. — António Manuel de Oliveira Guterres.
- How wonderful it is that no one has to wait, but can start right now to gradually change the world! How wonderful it is that everyone, great and small, can immediately help bring about justice by giving of themselves. — Anne Frank.
- The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. – Albert Einstein.
- On World Refugee Day, we honor the bravery and tenacity of individuals fleeing conflict, violence, and persecution, as well as the generosity of those who accept them.
- The worldwide refugee population is now at an all-time high.
- The war in Ukraine has resulted in Europe’s largest and most rapid displacement since World War II
- The total number of forcibly displaced persons has now reached 100 million, including women, children, and men fleeing conflict elsewhere in the world, a sobering indictment of our times.
- This year’s World Refugee Day underscores a fundamental premise of our shared humanity: everyone, regardless of who they are, where they come from, or when they are forced to escape, has the right to seek protection.
- A fundamental human right is the right to seek asylum.
- People fleeing persecution or violence must be able to transit borders safely.
- They must not be subjected to border discrimination or be denied refugee status or asylum based on their race, religion, gender, or place of origin.
- If their life or freedom is in jeopardy, they cannot be forced to return.
- They, too, should be treated with respect, just like any other human being.
- However, safety is only the first step.
- Refugees require opportunities once they have escaped danger.
- There are opportunities to heal, study, work, and prosper.
- They have the option of returning home or rebuilding their lives elsewhere in safety and dignity.
- Refugees have contributed new life, prosperity, and cultural diversity to their host communities throughout the world.
- We all have a responsibility to protect refugees.
- Let us commit today to do more for refugees around the world – and for the countries that host them while also confronting a slew of issues.
- Let us join hands in solidarity
- Let us defend the international protection regime’s integrity.
World Refugee Day Quotes Slogans
- Here is a list of World Refugee Day Slogans to share with your friends and family to raise awareness about the plight of these vulnerable people.
- The only thing that can overcome fear is hope.
- A refugee is someone who has survived and can shape the future.
- Let us join forces with boldness.
- Refugees are people like you and me but in different situations
- Terrorists are not refugees.
- No one has ever become impoverished as a result of donating.
This blog contains inspirational quotes, wishes, and messages about World Refugee Day Quotes. We hope that by reading and sharing these quotes, messages, and wishes, we can help make this day even more meaningful for the refugees who are facing so much pain and despair. Just by reading and sharing these quotes, we can make a huge impact on the world. Thank you once again for reading and keeping World Refugee Day in your thoughts.
Read More: International Sushi Day, Happy Memorial Day Quotes, Happy National Cousins Day, Happy Patriot Day