Day of the Dead 2022: Quotes, Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a two-day holiday that brings the living and the dead together. Every year, the Day of the Dead celebrations begin at midnight on November 1st and end at noon on November 2nd. The Day of the Dead, on the other hand, is primarily a Mexican holiday in which families welcome the souls of their deceased relatives back for a brief reunion.
The first of November is El Dia de Los Inocentes, or Children’s Day, as well as All Saints Day. All Souls Day, also known as the Day of the Dead, falls on November 2nd. The gates of heaven are said to open at midnight on October 31st, allowing children’s spirits to rejoin their families for 24 hours. Adults’ spirits can do the same on November 2.
Day of the Dead
The origins of the Day of the Dead celebrations in Mexico and abroad can be traced back to the Catholic feast days of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day. The Day of the Dead is now observed all across the world. While Mexicans commemorate their ancestors, many other countries commemorate All Souls Day on the same day.
While the celebration began in Mexico, it is now observed throughout Latin America with the use of colorful Calaveras (skulls) and calabashes (skeletons). According to tradition, on the Day of the Dead, the veil between the worlds of the souls and the world of the living opens to connect.
The Souls of the Dead Awaken and Return to the Living World During This Time to Feast, Drink, Dance, and Play Music With Their Loved Ones. The time frame for the two worlds, the dead and the real, is 24 hours for children, beginning at midnight on November 1st and ending at midnight on November 2nd.
Day of the Dead Wishes, Messages, Greetings & Quotes
So, what is the proper greeting on November 1st, Dia De Muertos, the Day of the Dead? As a result, a large number of people search for this and post questions on various forums and blogs. For the Day of the Dead celebration, there are no special or fixed greetings, wishes, or messages. I asked a lot of Mexicans and those who are related to them about the proper Day of the Dead greeting.
They claimed that Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is not a celebration or feast for the living, but rather a festival for the souls of the dead. That is why there is no such thing as a formal hello. We must, however, gather the best Day of the Dead Wishes, Messages, Greetings, and Quotes. Wishes, Greetings, Messages, and Quotes for Dia de Los Muertos can be shared on social media and in other ways.
Day of the Dead Wishes
- As you honor the Day of the Dead, I send you a warm greeting. In man’s eyes, the dead are no longer alive, but in God’s eyes, they live on eternally.
- To all of our loved ones who are no longer with us today, we want you to know that we will always love you and carry you in our hearts until we, too, are covered by the soil.
- The most lovely way to lose a loved one is through death.
- Death is a breathtakingly beautiful experience. It’s nothing to be terrified of. Enjoy the Day of the Dead event to the fullest!
- May the souls of our departed loved ones always find true happiness, no matter where they are.
- May we never forget, as we commemorate this wonderful event, that death is not the end. In the afterlife, there is so much beauty and excitement.
- As we commemorate the Day of the Dead, I’m thinking of you with a heart full of love and pride.
- May our loved ones’ magnificent spirits be filled with delight at all times, and may we be blessed with the opportunity to see them again. Amen.
- Death is the most beautiful of all the blessings that God has bestowed upon mankind. Have a wonderful Dia de Los Muertos.
- It is my wish that anybody commemorating a loved one on the Day of the Dead will be blessed by God.
Day of the Dead Quotes
- Death is the most lovely thing that can happen. — Walt Whitman.
- Oh, may I join the unseen chorus of the eternal dead who have come back to life? — T.S. Eliot.
- Son, we don’t bury the dead. We bring them along. It’s a cost of living. – Sleepy Hollow, by Jose Molina and Mark Goffman.
- Today, we must be diligent. It’s too late to wait until tomorrow. Death can strike at any time. What can we do about it? — The Buddha.
- Love leaves a memory that no one can steal, and death leaves a pain that no one can repair. — From a gravestone in Ireland’s Republic
- Death is wonderful when it is viewed as a rule rather than an event — it is as common as life. Letter from Henry David Thoreau to Ralph Waldo Emerson, 11 March 1842.
- Without spilling a drop, God infuses life into death and death into life.— From an unnamed author.
- Death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back,’ said a man I know. — From the film Gladiator released in 2000.
- It is not to die to live in the hearts we leave behind. – Campbell, Thomas.
- After all, death is just the next big adventure for the well-organized intellect. J.K. Rowling.
- Until we forget our dead, they are never truly dead to us. — T.S. Eliot
- Flowers will sprout from my rotting carcass, and I will be in them, and that is eternity. Edvard Munch, The Scream.
Day of the Dead Messages
- Let us be nostalgic and recall all of the wonderful times we shared with our loved ones, wishing you much joy this holiday season.
- Death is an unavoidable and natural aspect of existence. It all boils down to accepting this aspect of our lives and living accordingly.
- Death would undoubtedly come our way one day. One should not stop living their life because they are afraid of death—here’s today.
- The best life lived is one without fear. We should learn to offer our all and to live life to the fullest without fear of death.
- Let us all disseminate the idea that death, like birth, is something to be celebrated.
- The Day Of The Dead brings us together to remember all of our happy memories with those who have passed away.
Day of the Dead Greetings
- The Lord both gives and takes away. To you, a happy Day of the Dead.
- May you and your family have a wonderful day reliving the good times on this special day.
- Death is, by all accounts, the most beautiful voyage ever! Greetings on the Day of the Dead.
- Sending you warm greetings on the eve of the Day of the Dead, with best wishes for your loved ones.
- Dear God, may we always remember and cherish our loved ones who have passed on. To all my loved ones, a happy Day of the Dead.
- It’s a beautiful day to honor and remember our loved ones. To you and your family, a happy Day of the Dead holiday. Let us pray for their souls together.
- Our forefathers and mothers would be pleased that we remember them with such affection.
- A person who leaves this world never truly leaves us. They are still alive in our hearts and minds. I wish you a nice Day of the Dead holiday in honor of those who have passed away.
- Let us remember our ancestors today with reverence and affection, and seek their blessings and love—best wishes to you and your family on this Day.
- The loss we have suffered as a result of the death of our loved ones is irreversible. We can, however, continue to pray for their happiness and serenity. I wish you a joyous New Year’s Day celebration.
Day of the Dead sayings
- Hierba mala nunca muere – There is more time than life.
- I was climbed on by the departed. That is to say, I was terrified. – I don’t believe in Los Sepulchers’ Peace.
- Love leaves a memory that no one can steal, and death leaves a pain that no one can repair.
- Until we forget our dead, they are never truly dead to us. — T.S. Eliot
We hope that you have enjoyed this blog post. In it, we have compiled a list of quotes, wishes, greetings, messages, and images related to the Day of the Dead. Whether you are celebrating this special day or just paying tribute, these quotes will surely bring a smile to your face. As always, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Read More: Happy National Sons Day, Happy National Daughters Day,