National Shapewear Day 2022: History, Fact & How to Observe
National Shapewear Day is celebrated every year on August 10th to raise awareness of the importance of wearing comfortable and stylish Shapewear. Shapewear is not just for women, men can also benefit from wearing shapewear. This type of clothing helps improve your posture, giving you a slimmer waist and a flatter stomach. Not only does it make you look good, but it can also help you feel better. So why not join the rest of the world in celebrating National Shapewear Day by wearing some comfortable shapewear today?
HISTORY OF NATIONAL SHAPEWEAR DAY
On August 10, there is a holiday called National Shapewear Day to honor the clothing that has given people confidence for so long. Shapewear has existed since the dawn of human civilization when clothing first began to evolve. Archaeological paintings of women wearing what appear to be corset-like clothing date back to the Greek and Roman eras. During the 16th century, corsets and other forming undergarments became a part of mandatory attire. Since the era when royals set the fashion trends, the original corset has undergone a lot of alterations. One could argue that a woman’s corset is the most distinctive piece of clothing.
Shapewear has undergone significant alteration in the twenty-first century. The shapewear used by women in the past was not as restrained, challenging, or practical as the shapewear of today. Modern society has certain requirements for shapewear, thus it has evolved to fulfill those needs by using cutting-edge materials to make flexible, long-lasting shapewear. Additionally, it now comes in a wide range of designs and shapes that can target various body locations.
Shapewear is used to easily improve the appearance of the body by reducing the appearance of the stomach, thighs, or arms. Support is provided by good shapewear for the wearer. It enhances women’s appearance and increases their confidence. Shapewear is suitable for a variety of circumstances because it may be worn underneath most types of clothing.
How Can We Observe National Shapewear Day?
The purpose of Shapewear Day is to recognize and appreciate the many various kinds of shapewear that are accessible to women. This might range from slips and body shapers to bras and panties. Shapewear can help you achieve a more attractive body by minimizing lumps and bumps and enhancing your curves. You may feel more secure in your own skin as a result. There is likely to be a style of shapewear that works for you whether you are skinny or curvaceous.
Here are some pointers on how to pick the best kind of shapewear for your physique if you’re not sure where to begin:
- Pick the appropriate size: When it comes to shapewear, a proper fit is essential.
- Make sure to get shapewear that fits your body correctly in terms of size.
- It should be snug enough to define your waist without becoming uncomfortable.
- Try on several looks Corsets, body shapers, and tank tops are just a few examples of shapewear fashions.
- You might discover that one type is cozier than the others.
How to celebrate National Shapewear Day
Today is a fantastic time to learn more about shapewear and how it may enhance your appearance and self-confidence. The following advice will help you celebrate this Day:
Discover the best shapewear for you by learning about the many categories. There are numerous sorts available, so make sure to choose the one that suits your needs and body type the best. Use the hashtags #NationalShapewearDay and #ShapewearDay to talk about this undergarment on social media.
Interesting Facts About Shapewear
We believe that shapewear is not appreciated to its full potential, thus we have decided to compile a list of some of the most fascinating shapewear-related facts we are aware of.
- In Greece, shapewear garments date back to 1,600 B.C.
- Inconvenient steel corsets were required to be worn by women of the court in 16th-century France.
- You can use shapewear as outerwear.
Interesting facts about National Shapewear Day:
The purpose of the holiday is to promote the purchase and use of shapewear. Here are some fascinating details regarding shapewear.
- Your posture can be helped and you can appear slimmer by wearing shapewear.
- You can choose the ideal shapewear for you from the many various types that are offered.
- Shapewear can be worn by males as well as women to enhance their appearance.
- You may feel sexier and more confident while you’re wearing shapewear.
- Women were required to wear rigid steel corsets throughout the second half of the 16th century, which looked more like torture devices than fashionable clothing.
- Shapewear will make you sweat a lot, which will ultimately aid in your efforts to eliminate the extra body fat.
- Many women think that confidence is increased by wearing shapewear.
- You can benefit greatly from shapewear by supporting your back and enhancing your posture.
- You can purchase shapewear online if you so choose.
National Shapewear Day Activities
There are many ways to celebrate the day, but we’ve offered a list of ideas for you to think about.
1. Review the most current promotions and deals: As the day is a major holiday, it will be beneficial for you to review the deals and offers of the favorite brands you have always thought about since there will be a sizable discount for the occasion.
2. Give a Shapewear as a Gift: To celebrate this day, get more shapewear at a significant discount and give some to your loved ones.
3. Spread the word about the day: You may spread the word about the day by updating your loved ones on the deep discounts you’re offering and highlighting the health advantages of wearing shapewear on social media.
NATIONAL SHAPEWEAR DAY DATES
Now that you know everything about National Shapewear Day, what are you waiting for to start enjoying this new fashion trend? Just head to your local shop and try on some of the best-fitting styles right away. Happy shopping everyone.
Read Also: Women’s Equality Day, National Couples Day, National No Bra Day, Yom Kippur: Facts Traditions & History, National Women’s Day in South Africa,